Ship built names were: Siren, Fox, Surprise, Enterprise, Actaeon, Proserpine, Medea, Andromeda, Aurora, Sibyl, Brilliant, Pomona, Crescent, Nemesis, Resource, Mercury, Pegasus, Cyclops, Vestal, Laurel, Thisbe, Circe, Rose, Hussar, Alligator, Dido and Lapwing.
The ship hull and shape was built as accurately as possible to admiralty plans. The hull under the waterline was then removed and the upper parts were simplified in detail at the bow, thickened in the stern, windows exaggerated, and deck detail exaggerated. All this to be able to print out at 1:700 (and larger) scales. Smaller scales are possible but would likely require a resin printer for the best results.
Contains: 1:700 scale hull, masts with sails, the bowsprit mast and sails and the mizzen gaff/spanker sail. The sails are of a generic 6th rate size. Does not include the ratlines, flags or rigging string. No supports are usually required on any part of the fdm print.
Photos are of an undercoated fdm printed early model.
- Hull (includes deck planking, cannons and gunports):
- 1 x 1:700 scale high height hull
- 1 x 1:700 scale low height hull
- 1 x 1:700 scale high hull for fdm printing
- 1 x 1:700 scale low hull for fdm printing
- Split sails with lower mast section – for fdm printing
- Split sails without lower mast section and with a hole for a rod/wire – for fdm printing
- Combined sails with lower mast section – for resin printing
- Combined sails without lower mast section and with a hole for a rod/wire – for resin printing
- Bowsprit mast and sails
- Mizzen gaff/spanker sail
For assembly of the fdm printed sails, please see the photos on the Intrepid-class 64 gun model (on this site) showing the bowsprit parts and mizzen (rear sail parts) being assembled.