The ship hull and shape was built as accurately as possible to various plans. The hull under the waterline was then removed and the upper parts were simplified in detail at the bow, thickened in the stern, windows exaggerated, and deck detail exaggerated. All this to be able to print out at 1:700 to 1:1200 scale.
Photos: The completed model photos are by kindly supplied by Davide Miniatures (Facebook) and show the 3d printed hull along with custom masts and Warlord sails attached. The hull photos are of the resin printed version at 1:700 scale.
- Hull – 74 gun version from the 1788 refit:
- 1 x 1:700 scale high height hull
- 1 x 1:700 scale low height hull
- 1 x 1:700 scale high hull with pre-made supports. Note, these are rather heavy supports.
- 1 x 1:1200 scale high height hull
- 1 x 1:700 scale high height hull for fdm printing
- 1 x 1:700 scale low height hull for fdm printing
- Sails (1:700):
- Combined masts/sails without lower mast section and with a hole for a rod/wire – for resin printing
- Split masts/sails with lower mast section – for fdm printing
- Ships Anchor (1:700)
The sails are of a generic 3rd rate size and will be usable with other published 3rd rate ships. Does not include the ratlines, flags or rigging string. No supports are usually required on any part of an fdm print. Supports will be required for the sails when resin printing.
For fdm mast assembly, please see the photos on the Intrepid-class 64 gun model (on this site) showing the bowsprit parts and mizzen (rear sail parts) being assembled.