Ship built names were: Arrogant, Cornwall, Edgar, Goliath, Zealous, Audacious, Elephant, Bellerophon, Saturn, Vanguard, Excellent and Illustrious
For more information see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrogant-class_ship_of_the_line
The ship hull and shape was built as accurately as possible to admiralty plans. The hull under the waterline was then removed and the upper parts were simplified in detail at the bow, thickened in the stern, windows exaggerated, and deck detail exaggerated. All this to be able to print out at 1:700 (and larger) scales. Smaller scales are possible but would likely require a resin printer for the best results.
Photos are of a prototype painted model with simpler sails and the latest complete grey coated model showing the sails that are in this package.
- Hull (includes deck planking, cannons and gunports in this version):
- 1 x 1:700 scale hull for resin printing
- 1 x 1:700 scale hull for fdm printing
- Split sails with lower mast section – for fdm printing
- Split sails without lower mast section and with a hole for a rod/wire – for fdm printing
- Combined sails with lower mast section – for resin printing
- Combined sails without lower mast section and with a hole for a rod/wire – for resin printing
- Bowsprit mast and sails
- Mizzen gaff/spanker sail
The sails are of a generic 3rd rate size and will be usable with other published 3rd rate ships. Does not include the ratlines, flags or rigging string. No supports are usually required on any part of an fdm print. Supports will be required for the sails when resin printing. For assembly, please see the photos on the Intrepid-class 64 gun model (on this site) showing the bowsprit parts and mizzen (rear sail parts) being assembled.
Note, due to the modular way I am building the masts/sails then you may need to enable ‘Union overlapping volumes’ in Cura or the equivalent setting in your slicer when printing them.