This listing focuses on the Russian 37mm AA gun Crewed & deployed but with its carriage wheels still in place. You will receive files sufficient to print the guns in a number of ways:
- Deployed but still with the carriage wheels attached, the gun with a magazine loaded. Printable in PLA.
- Deployed but still with the carriage wheels attached, the gun with a magazine loaded. Printable in Resin. Files labelled as supported are for resin printing and have Chitubox supports pre-done.
- As above but the gun has NO magazine loaded.
- Concerned about warping in the resin parts I have broken the gun carriage and gun down into small parts in the hope that this will let you over come warping as the resin cures. These files will tend to be described as Alt /alternative. You will need to organise your own supports if printing in resin.
- I am aware that a lot of people use panel pin as replacement barrels. A 40mm long 1.6mm diam panel pin can be glued into one of the main gun variants.
The model is relatively complicated and I have included some screen shots showing how the components are intended to be glued into place.
I have been able to print the model in PLA at a 0.1 mm layer height. Some areas of the model struggle to be supported well in the printing phase and I have had to use green stuff to correct some minor printing errors, these are visible in some of the images on the listing.
Whilst I have done a number of test prints and revised a lot of the components in light of the printing experience and re-tested them. Please do let me know of any issues that occur in your own printing. Hopefully from your information I will be able to produce a revised file which improves the printing experience.
- If you want to add some standing crew figures then search this site for Soviet Artillery Crew designed by Just Some Miniature. I have include an ammo clip that you can add to the open handed figures.
These models were design by Neal Bowskill Copyright October 2022. No printing of these files for commercial gain is permitted.