This is a rework of Bergman’s 1/100th scale LRDG truck.
I have worked up this file ( and several others soon to be loaded) as the new Western Desert Campaign book for Bolt Action gamers may have people looking to print some vehicles for the unique Long Range Desert Group (LRDG)
I started with Bergman’s file and
- upscaled to 1/56th (28mm) scale
- removed axles and wheel, and created new wheels and axles, enabling a flat bottom print
- to create the flat bottom, I separated the rear mud flaps and they are a separate file; **please see the screen capture of how they are affixed**
- created a separate steering wheel
- created a multi pack of weapons to fit the many choices offered in the game listing. I DID NOT add the bren gun (LMG option) but if you are set on a Bren gun please see my bren gun/Boys ATR file listed under my heading.
- added jerry cans and sand channel files. these can be affixed to the side or rear of the truck, as you wish. I reworked Dugzmodels excellent sand channels and scaled them according to the photo noting them in use – I couldn’t find any online actual records of dimensions for the sand channels so scaled them to what I thought was appropriate.
- reworked and reinforced the front push bars
- redefined the front hood.
- created a wood shield seen in some pics of LRDG trucks
- added some cargo for the rear bed, if you want to use them
There are a lot of files here, and the assembly has tight fits (the photos are of my test print; nothing has been yet glued, it is all just press fit, and that was after some light filing).