This is a 28m model of the German Flammpanzer II.
I started with one of tigerace 1945’s 1/100th scale files (I am in his debt as he has a wonderful treasure on this site)
I then –
- upscaled to 1/56th
- added track teeth and cogs on the drive wheels
- tool boxes on the fenders
- separated the turret pivot from the turret, for a cleaner print
- added assembly guides for the tracks
- filled in some open areas within the print to strengthen the model
I have some the model as a door prize in an upcoming club tournament, thus it is not painted. The pic doesn’t do the model justice. It turned out very well. I am sure yours will too.
Please note the turret post piece will be a VERY tight fit into the recess on the bottom of the turret. this is because the printer doesn’t make things “round” but instead a series of angles. on a file or a flat piece of fine grit sandpaper smooth those little edges off and the post will pop into the recess. The alternative is to have one that is too loose, and then it risks having it glued off centre and it can spoil the look of your final model. The variance is matter of .1 mm which makes a lot of difference in these scales.