This is a 28mm scale remix of the universal carrier, courtesy of M Bergman’s 1-100 scale treasury. I had loaded a previous re-worked file, and have since June 2019 I have reworked it again to improve FDM printing results
In the two reworks, I have
- upscaled the model to 1-56th;
- sliced off the tracks into separate files,
- added track detail to the tracks
- removed the molded driver and added seats and a steering wheel, added
- a small tarp for the rear cargo “trunk”,
- added tools to the back panel, and
- added a new optional “weapons pack” consisting of your choice of a bren gun and a Boys ATR to place in the front left opening, and a second bren gun on a pintle to be mounted in the rear passenger/cargo area. There is a mounting hole in the compartment behind the driver; if you choose not to mount the bren gun there it is easily filled.
1) The Hull print requires supports! you can’t “print on air”.
2) Do Not use supports when printing the tracks
3) Use the finest setting you have for the weapon pack. small items are tough to do on a home printer. I printed them with supports on “extra-fine” setting (Cura gcode)
The tracks fit very well in the model and I was quite pleased with the result. I hope you are too.