The M3 Scout Car was an early example of America gearing up its huge automotive capacity for war. The M3 Scout was a simple design of an armoured body on a 4 x 4 truck, and armed to the teeth, festooned with combinations of HMG and MMGs. In served with the American army as well as many allies, including the Soviets, British and Commonwealth, Free French as well as others. Post WW2 it served in countless post-colonial conflicts around the world.
This file is a rework of https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2960286 and I thank the creator for his efforts.
I have taken that file and have done the following;
- separated the hull into two sections, to allow a flat surface to the build plate
- created axles as separate files, to ease FDM printing
- increased the size of the wheels/tires, to make them more proportional (from 15mm to 17.5mm)
- cleared the seats from the rear cargo area, to allow a figure to stand (to represent occasions the vehicle is carrying passengers)
- added the spare tire and mount to the rear
- separated the front bumper and roller, again to ensure a flat build plate contact
- created the MMG and HMGs and mounts for the AFV
When printing, please use 0.1mm layers with supports. Clean support material carefully and always test fit before gluing. place the axles into the recesses of the upper hull and then fit the lower hull. you will want to hold the parts together as the glue sets.