This is a 28mm scale model of the Soviet SU-152 Self Propelled Gun. It is an extensive rework of Bergman’s 1/200th scale Model and Tiger Ace’s tracks from his KV-1, from which the SU’s hull was derived.
I had been looking for a larger scale model file .stl for the Same SU-152, but the one on thingiverse currently is simply unprintable in its current status. I thus started with Bergman’s 1/200th scale file, and did the following:
- upsized it to 1/56th
- removed the tracks
- removed the gun and created a new gun barrel that slide into a recess in the glacis plate
- added bolt head detail, tools, new exhaust ports, engine deck grills,
- removed the low detail spare track link from the lower front and created new track link and tow hooks
- created a pintle mount DKSH HMG for the top deck.
- took Tiger Ace’s KV tracks, added tread teeth on the inside of the tracks
The model itself is substantial; I normally print at 0.1 mm layers but increased the layer height to 0.15mm, and it was still 14+ Hours total print time. even at the resolution the results were quite good.
I did use “extra fine” – 0.06mm layer height – settings for the HMG files, and urge you to use rafts to print that one specific file