The Type 1939 torpedo boats, also known as the Elbing class by the Allies, were a group of 15 torpedo boats that were built for Nazi Germany‘s Kriegsmarine during World War II. Although classed as fleet torpedo boats (Flottentorpedoboot) by the Germans, they were comparable to contemporary destroyer escorts.
The first eight ships to be completed were sent to western France in pairs after they finished working up from late 1942 through the beginning of 1944. They were tasked to escort convoys, blockade runners and submarines through the English Channel and the Bay of Biscay. The ship also laid minefields
Four Type 39s survived the war and were seized by the Allies as war reparations. The United States Navy briefly used one before turning it over to the French in 1947 as spares for their pair that the French Navy kept in service until 1954–1955. The Soviet Union used their ship until about the same time before scrapping it in 1956.
Kriegs M39 Torpedoboat.stl, German lifeboat.stl, Kriegs 2x 3.7cm AA flak.stl, Kriegs quad 20mm.stl, Kriegs single3.7cm AA flak.stl, Kriegsmarine 105mm.stl, Rangefinder.stl, searchlight.stl, triple 21 inch torpedo tube.stl